CANCUN RANKS 4TH IN TOP GASTRONOMIC CITIES
Seven of Cancun’s hotels and restaurants received the prestigious AAA Five Diamond Award for 2012. The AAA Diamond Award is one of the most thorough and trusted rating systems for restaurants and lodgings in the U.S., and Five Diamond status is the highest award level possible. Only 0.3% of all hotels and restaurants evaluated for this award ultimately achieve Five Diamond award status.
With three restaurants ranked as AAA Five Diamond Award winners, Cancun is placed in the Top 4 cities with the most highly-acclaimed restaurants, or in the top spot amongst cities outside the U.S. Cancun also offers visitors four AAA Five Diamond hotels and resorts, the most out of any other international destination ranked.
According to AAA, Five Diamond Lodgings “feature extraordinary physical attributes and meticulous personalized attention.”
Cancun’s AAA Five Diamond Award-Winning Lodgings:
- The Ritz-CarltonCancun–The Ritz Cancun offers the perfect hideaway for a sumptuous Caribbean vacation. The only Ritz-Carlton property in Mexico, this charismatic hotel with has world-class hospitality and exquisite restaurants perfectly combine to offer a luxurious escape for couples and families alike.
- Le Blanc Spa Resort – This adults-only resort offers guests a luxury, all-inclusive experience, with every detail designed to envelop guests in splendid comfort. This stylish hotel offersthree outdoor pools, including two infinity pools with swim-up bars, overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
- JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa – A landmark property, the resort offers an unforgettable experience, located in the heart of the Hotel Zone. The hotel has a spectacular Mayan-inspired spa, welcoming guests with luxurious ambiance, breathtaking views and reinvigorating treatments.
- ZoëtryParaiso de la Bonita – Consistently named one of Mexico’s most exceptional boutique resorts, this paradise is set on a 14-acre property in Puerto Morelos, and includes a private beach.
AAA states “Five Diamond restaurants feature world-class service and imaginative menu selections using the finest ingredients.”
Cancun’s AAA Five Diamond Award-Winning Restaurants:
- Fantino– Located in the Ritz-Carlton, this restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine at its finest, and features a loyal devotion to natural flavors with fresh interpretations and creative presentations complemented with live piano music.
- The Club Grill – Also in the Ritz-Carlton, this restaurant is known for its elevated Continental cuisine featuring prime cuts of meat and a diverse wine list spiced up with vibrant tones of live jazz.
- Le Basilic – Found at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort and Spa, Le Basilic offers French cuisine with a colorful bohemian atmosphere that, without losing its elegance, becomes casual so guests can relax, interact and delight their senses with great food and ambiance.
Further showcasing the rich and talented cuisine that Cancun offers, the destination is currently counting down to the first-ever Cancun – Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival on March 15- 18. With 30 events hosted throughout Cancun’s most prestigious resorts and iconic landmarks, 40 world-renowned chefs and sommeliers from across Americas will present delectable dishes and pour exquisite wines and spirits.
The festival will also honor the talented renowned Chef Ferrán Adrià while benefiting the foundation Ciudad de la Alegria, which supports severely underprivileged children, provides solutions for women who have been victims of violence and brings help to the frail elderly in the community who are without family support.
Cancun is located in the northern part of the southeastern Mexican state of Quintana Roo. It is Mexico’s number one tourist destination and is known all over the world for its spectacular beaches, unique beauty and breathtaking turquoise waters.
Cancun’s shoreline recently underwent a $71 Million Dollar makeover, that featured 1.3 billion gallons of sand to renovating the Hotel Zone’s seashore. The most popular tourism destination in Mexico and Latin America has also added to its sun, beach, and nightlife, by creating a unique five-day route that will offer visitors a chance to experience adventure and interaction with nature. Cancun and the Treasures of the Caribbean invite travelers to discover the vast natural, cultural and gastronomical cultures of Puerto Morelos, and the four islands of the Mexican Caribbean: Holbox, Isla Mujeres, Contoy and Cozumel. Cancun is a multifaceted destination that combines nature, historical Mayan Culture, glamour, luxury and world class tourism with the seduction for adventure.