November is here, which means the holidays are right around the corner. These spirited gifts are sure to wow recipients with each sip!
Ferrand Cognacs are produced by Maison Ferrand, founded by Master Blender Alexandre Gabriel. Guided by creativity while preserving ancestral methods of production, Ferrand Cognacs aim to capture the true essence of the prestigious terroir of Grande Champagne.
- With the release of the Ferrand Cognac Single Cask Collection of unique cognacs, Alexandre Gabriel shares the gems of his private collection for the very first time. Until now, these treasures have been locked away in the original earthen cellar of the Ferrand family manor. These singular cognacs will never be replicated, but they share a common trait: each is a testament to the magnificent terroir of the Grande Champagne and a savoir-faire perfected over centuries. Among the treasures preserved in the rooms of Mademoiselle Manor, untouched for many decades, are thousands of original archives: diplomas and awards for Ferrand cognacs, exquisite engravings, family photographs, and handwritten letters. To commemorate the ephemeral nature of this collection, each limited-edition bottle and box is customized with images discovered among the enormous trove collected by generations of Ferrands. Available in select markets.
- Ferrand Cognac Single Cask 2014 Vintage (SRP: $100)
- Ferrand Cognac Single Cask 2012 Vintage (SRP: $120)
- Ferrand Cognac Single Cask 2011 Vintage (SRP: $150)
- Ferrand Cognac Single Cask 2004 Vintage (SRP: $180)
Plantation Rum offers a portfolio of rums from around the world – distilled and aged in their country of origin, then transported to Cognac, France for Plantation’s proprietary second ageing in ex-cognac casks. Alexandre Gabriel, Plantation’s Owner and Master Blender whose near-constant research unearths historical production techniques that he shares with his equally committed team.
- The limited-edition Plantation Birds of Paradise Vintage Collection: Barbados 2011, Peru 2006, Trinidad 2009, Australia 2007 (SRP: $80/expression), which join the 2020 releases, Fiji 2005 and Jamaica 2003, showcases exclusive vintage rums curated by Alexandre in collaboration with like-minded rum producers and pays homage to the terroir of each rum-producing country. In tribute to their exceptional character, these vintage collection bottles honor an indigenous bird from each country. Available in select markets.
From the Highlands of Mexico where the finest agave is grown comes El Tesoro Tequila. It tastes like no other because it is made like no other – 100% estate-grown agave, 100% tahona crushed, double distilled to proof and a production process that is never rushed and has been handed down from generation to generation.
- Beginning in 2021, El Tesoro will release highly limited Single Barrel “Mundial” expressions each year, aging El Tesoro tequila in casks from like-minded brands across the globe that share our commitment to craftsmanship and quality. The inaugural release – El Tesoro Mundial Single Barrel Laphroaig Edition (SRP: $125) – taps one of the greats in Scotch Whisky – Laphroaig. The marriage of the rich, agave-forward profile of El Tesoro with a touch of the unforgettable smoky complexity of Laphroaig makes this bottle one of a kind. Aged in ex-bourbon barrels for 9 months, with secondary 4-month aging in single Laphroaig 10YO casks.
For more than three generations, the master blenders at the House of Suntory, the Founding House of Japanese Whisky, have devoted themselves to pursuing the harmony of Japanese nature and craftsmanship to produce the legendary Yamazaki, Hakushu, Hibiki, and Toki whiskies.
- The House of Suntory recently unveiled a limited-time-only edition of Hibiki® Japanese Harmony™ (SRP: $125). The specially-designed bottle is adorned with painted flowers and flowing ribbons of water, representative of the vital force of Japan’s everchanging twenty-four seasons. Embraced as the paragon of Japanese Whisky, the Hibiki brand is Japan’s most highly awarded blended whisky and among the most prestigious and honored whiskies in the world. Hibiki Japanese Harmony is a meticulous blend of the finest selection of malt and grain whiskies from the House of Suntory Whisky’s Yamazaki, Hakushu, and Chita distilleries.
Made at the first distillery on Islay since 1779, Bowmore Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky is known as one of the most balanced Islay whiskies, which are often thought to be the smokiest Scotch whiskies in the world.
- The latest in a series of collaborations between Bowmore and Aston Martin, the U.S. release of Bowmore Masters’ Selection (SRP: $400) marks the first time Bowmore has adopted the “Golden Ratio” principle – the mathematical ratio found in nature that creates aesthetically pleasing compositions – which sits at the heart of the design of every Aston Martin. Taking inspiration from an engineered approach, Bowmore Masters’ Selection incorporates the divine proportion of 61.8% formed from a base of 21 year old Bowmore matured in first fill Pedro Ximenez and Oloroso sherry casks. The remaining parts are made up of exact ratios of each other, in line with the Golden Ratio theory, and include exceptionally aged Bowmore matured for over 35 years. Imagined and defined by two Masters, Bowmore Master Whisky Blender Ron Welsh and Aston Martin Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer Marek Reichman, Bowmore Masters’ Selection bridges two distinct worlds in a powerful, yet inspiring way. Available in the U.S. as of January 2022.
Alfred GIRAUD French Malt Whiskies are produced in Cognac, France and developed by renowned Master Blender Georges Clot, who spent decades at an acclaimed cognac house. With close to 100 years of experience crafting some of the world’s most coveted cognacs, the Giraud family draws on its mastery of blending to establish a new tradition of French malt whisky.
Daring and innovative, VOYAGE by Alfred GIRAUD French Malt Whisky (SRP: $180) is the first release in the Exploratory Blends Range, a series of rare, limited whiskies that see only periodic and exclusive releases at the Giraud family’s discretion. Showcasing two of the best French single malts, one leaning on fruity notes and the other on cereal notes, each is matured in casks with bold characteristics: new French Robina casks, a powerful and rare wood found locally in France, and Sauternes wine casks sourced from nearby French wineries. The whisky then sees its final aging stage.