MUSSELS , CLAMS AND PASTA DISH
By CUISINEIST.com Test Kitchens
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 pound Large clams, scrubbed
- 1 pound Small mussels, scrubbed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound Pasta ( your choice )
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, leaves finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 1 Table Spoon Red Pepper Flakes
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, and add the garlic. Cook about 2 minutes, add the tomatoes. Raise the heat and cook until the tomatoes about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the clams, mussels, Red pepper Flakes and white wine. Cook, stirring until all of the shells have opened, that should take about 10 minutes. Discard any that have not opened.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the boiling water until tender yet al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Cook over high heat 2 minutes, adding the parsley and add season salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.