Max Solano Mixologist , Contributor for CUISINEIST.com
If you are in need of world class cocktail recipes or information , Mixologist Max Solano is a wealth of knowledge of all things MIXOLOGY and will provide you the information you need to make and enjoy a great Cocktail.
- Bombay Sapphire, Nation’s Most Inspired Bartender, People’s Choice- 2008
- 1st Place (World Champion), Top Tea World Cocktail Competition– 2009
- 3rd Place (National), Shake It Up! Cocktail Competition- 2009
- 3rd Place, Bombay Sapphire Regional finals– 2009
- 1st Place (U.S. Champion), Citadelle gin & Mathilde liqueurs Cocktail Competition (Paris, France)- 2010
- West Coast Finalist, Bacardi Taste of the Tropics Cocktail Competition- 2010
- 1st Place (U.S. Champion), 4 Orange vodka National competition (South Beach Food &Wine festival)- 2011
- 2nd Place, Herradura Tequila National Competition (North Meet South Jubilee, Portland,Oregon)- 2011
- 2011 Best Restaurant Bartender, Las Vegas (Vegas Seven Magazine & Independent Panel of Food Writers)
- 2011 Bartender of the Year, Nevada (Nevada Restaurant Association)
Having worked in the food and beverage industry since the age of 12, Max Solano has not only grown an incomparable and extensive knowledge and appreciation of the food and beverage industry, but, he has also grown a very strong love and passion for his craft. Having worked many years behind a bar, Max developed an undying passion for the beverage industry and has become one of Las Vegas’ most exciting and creative top mixologists, as well as a student and teacher of the history and development of spirits and cocktails. Max’s passion has become whiskies of the world and is currently pursuing both a Master certification of Mixology, as well, as a Master of Whisky Certification.
Today, Max resides in the Mecca of the food and beverage industry, Las Vegas, NV., as the Mixologist and Beverage Director for two of world-renowned Chef Emeril Lagasse’s restaurants; Delmonico Steakhouse at the Venetian Hotel and Table 10 at the Palazzo Hotel . Max’s approach to creating cocktails is quite versatile with a strong focus on a large array of fresh and homemade ingredients, as well, as using many unique ingredients and spirits from all over the world.
Spirits brands that Max consults or has developed cocktails for are Pernod-Ricard (Absolut vodka, Chivas Regal scotch whisky and The Glenlivet scotch whisky), Diageo (Crown Royal), Moet-Hennessy (Grand Marnier), 4 Copas Organic tequila, Orchid Liqueurs, Babco (Agwa Coca Leaf liqueur), Bacardi USA (Bombay Sapphire gin, 42 Below vodka), Palm Bay (Aperol), Don Fernando/ TKO tequilas, 4 Orange vodka and JOY Armagnac.
Lastly, Max and his creations have been featured on Television, Magazines and websites such as: Today in Las Vegas (February 2008), Food Arts Magazine (March 2008), Style Magazine (Summer & Fall 2008), Emerils.com, Cocktailatlas.com, Bombaysapphire.com, 944 Magazine (October 2008), GQ Magazine (December 2008), nightclub.com (March 2009), rocktherepublic.com, LA Weekly (May 2009), Worldteaexpo.com, Imbibe Magazine (May/June 2009), Food & Beverage Magazine (July 2009), 944 Magazine (September 2009), www.drinksint.com, Vegas Seven Magazine (February 2010), americancocktails.com, babcoeurope.com, weeklyseven.com, Vegas Seven Magazine (September/November 2010), Las Vegas Food & Beverage Magazine (February/March 2011), Las Vegas Weekly (March 2011), thegabgroup.com (March 2011), tastydays.com (March 2011), ABC’s The Morning Blend ( March 2011), Tasting Panel Magazine (April 2011), lvrj.com (April 2011), weeklyseven.com (May 2011), foodnetworkfans.com (May 2011), wirtzbeveragegroup.com (July 2011), citysip.com/newyorkcity (August 2011), thestreet.com (September 2011), weeklyseven.com (September 2011), Vegas Rated Magazine (September 2011), Vegas Seven Magazine (October 2011),